Ski gloves are essential for protecting hands from the snow when engaging in fun mountainous winter-related activities such as skiing. These gloves are now available in a variety of styles and can be worn over or under the sleeve.
This essential item must however cover over your wrist so should you fall, both your wrist and hands will be protected from the biting cold snow.
On this basis, we have done some thorough research for you so that you can choose which ski glove will best suit your budget and style while providing maximum protection and dexterity especially when handling gears, and holding poles.
Now let us take a closer look at the other types of ski gloves that you may wish to consider when heading to the slopes.
|Hestra Leather Fall Line Ski Glove|
|Lightweight Black Diamond Mercury Cold|
|Columbia Men’s Tumalo Mountain Glove|
|Columbia Omni-heat Women’s Thermarator Glove|
|Burton Men's Gore-Tex Glove|
1. Hestra Leather Fall Line Ski Glove – The Award-Winning Best Ski Gloves
This stylish leather fall line glove has a hook and loop closure which are quite easy to adjust. It is made of durable soft and supple cowhide leather and can be easily kept clean via basic handwashing. With this glove, your hands will remain warm as the neoprene cuffs are weather-resistant and contain thermal insulation properties.
This glove will provide superior grip and comfort as you enjoy your winter activities on the slopes. They are specifically designed and highly recommended for free riders, professional mountain guides, and ski instructors.
This glove also has a 5-finger design which provides superior comfort. They are also available in a variety of colors and the cuff fits easily under jackets thereby providing a clean, streamlined look.
- Glove is weather resistant
- It provides comfort and superior grip
- Made to resist moisture and abrasion
- Provides warmth and dexterity without looking bulky
- More costly than most gloves
This glove can be worn year-round and is made from materials such as nylon, spandex, polyester, and goat skin palm. It contains a dry insert that stays with the removable liner and this allows the glove to be 100% waterproof and abrasion-resistant.
Moisture is further kept at bay with the four-way stretch Pertex shield fabric and the high-loft fleece lining which can be found in the removable split-finger liner. There is also a BD.dry insert that keeps hands warm.
- Provides extreme warmth
- Very good dexterity
- Very flexible so different liners can be used with the shell
- May seem bulky
- Tend to fit small
This glove has elastic adjustable wrists for added comfort and features an Omni-Tech waterproof breathable fabric that provides exceptional warmth. These gloves are made of nylon, weave, and polyester and are equipped with a one-hand shock cord hem adjustment, as well as a nose wipe on the finger. They also feature a polyester insulated lining which provides additional comfort.
- Made from protective technology and warm fabric.
- Provides a natural fit and great dexterity
- Waterproof and breathable
- Nose wipe on the finger
- They possess adjustable elastic wrists for added comfort
- Tend to fit small
You may also want to read the article on how to measure hand for gloves.
Wouldn’t it be fun to ski and snap photos at the same time? Well, these enhanced grip and abrasion-resistant palm gloves will allow you to use your smartphone while having fun as they are made with finger and thumb tips for touchscreen compatibility.
These polyester and polyurethane material gloves comprise a heat-reflective lining which provides additional warmth for frigid temperatures.
Additionally, the interior consists of a metallic dot pattern and this is specifically designed to retain heat simultaneously dissipating hand moisture. This glove also features an extended wrist collar and that provides warmth higher up the wrist and additional comfort.
- Stylish, provides a natural fit, and lightweight
- Have an extended wrist collar for additional warmth and protection
- Feature a touch compatible finger and thumb tip
- Have elastic wrists that hold the heat in and keep the cold out
- Tend to fit large
This glove features built-in touchscreen-compatible technology and has a Screen Grab Toughgrip palm. It also has closures that can be easily adjusted for comfort. With this glove, there is limited bulk and it is very versatile. This glove also has a hidden heater/vent pocket as well as a removable wrist leash.
- Versatile and compatible with the technology
- Features adjustable closure
- Hidden heater/vent pocket
- Removable wrist leash
- Tend to be bulky
- Doesn’t prove to be very durable
These waterproof gloves will keep your hands warm because it features a snow lock which is designed to keep the heat in and the cold out. Additionally, these gloves are made from very thin polyester fiber with exceptionally high insulating capacity. By bringing the three fingers together, this glove will provide you with dexterity and grip. They also have leashes so that they will not be misplaced easily.
- Features a hook and loop closure so it is very easy to adjust
- They have drawstrings to stop snow from getting down onto the hands
- They have wrist leashes to prevent the glove from falling or getting lost
- Does not provide as much warmth as many others on the market
- A bit costly
With a two-layer fabric shell that is completely waterproof, this glove provides added warmth and comfort with the help of its thermal insulation brushed microfiber fixed properties.
This glove has touchscreen compatibility so you can use your devices without having to expose your fingers. An added feature of these gloves is the removable four-way stretch dryride Thermax liner which serves to amplify the warmth level and increase its versatility.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Two-layer fabric shell for added warmth
- Soft on the inside
- Fits well
- Touchscreen compatible
- Doesn’t appear to be very durable
The features of this glove include advanced technology such as an Omni Heat Thermal Reflective warmth which is suitable for breathing. It also has a protective shell that will keep your hands dry while amplifying warmth so you will be more comfortable. These men’s gloves feature adjustable straps for added comfort and safety. They also have a nose wipe on the finger feature.
- Nose wipe on finger feature
- Covers entire wrists
- Adjustable straps & pull on closure
- Provide a natural fit with great dexterity
- One hand shock cord hem adjustment and webbing strap
- Not as warm as other gloves on the market
9. Wildhorn Tolcat Ski Gloves Unisex Waterproof Breathable Thinsulate Insulated Touchscreen Compatible Snow Gloves with Nose and Google Wipe
The features of these unisex gloves are designed to provide protection while offering a feeling of comfort and warmth. This glove is created with a 100% polyester liner and is lightweight with ergonomic pre-curved construction that will keep one’s hand in a specific position for safety.
An added feature is the hydro- tex liner that increases waterproofing while still being breathable. Coupled with the Thinsulate insulation that offers extra warmth, these gloves will keep your hands comfortable and protected on snowy days.
- They are very soft
- Nose and goggle wipe thumb panel
- Elastic wrist cuff
- One hand drawcord cuff
- Velcro wrist strap
- Not as warm or waterproof as others on the market
- Gets dirty easily
The Burton Kids Insulated gloves have an adjustable closure and consist of a two-layer fabric that is waterproof, breathable, and provides protection from frigid conditions.
These lightweight gloves also have screengrab features and built-in touchscreen compatible technology that allows the kids to have fun but stay warm at the same time. Another added feature is the brushed microfiber fixed lining with thermal insulator properties that offers extra warmth and comfort.
- Features Removable wrist leash
- Size issues, tend to fit big
- Doesn’t seem to be very durable
Conclusion on the Best Ski Gloves
There are so many things to consider when you are deciding on acquiring a ski glove, and truth be told, the selection process can really get technical. However, it is very important that you ultimately choose the best glove that will offer you as much protection, warmth, and comfort as possible while you enjoy life on the slopes.
The choices are many but you deserve only the best, hence the reason why we have gone ahead and done the research as well as a thorough analysis of the best ski gloves on the market.